Friday, November 14

Skinny Sweet Potato Mash -- Healthy Thanksgiving side dish!



This Thanksgiving, I'm saving my calories for the stuffing and a slice of Mom's pie -- I refuse to let my waist expand for the same ol' pile of butter and cream mashed potatoes or worse the sugar bomb sweet potato casserole that my aunt attempts to pass off as a vegetable dish!

No no, not this year.  This year on Thanksgiving I'm wearing my skinny jeans and I refuse to unbutton them after dinner God damn it!


And here's how --- healthy thanksgiving hacks from my skinny kitchen!

Today's dish: Skinny Sweet Potato Mash
Sweet Potatoes (1 large/person)
Plain Greek Yogurt (1 ounce/person)
Cinnamon Pecans (1/2 cup)
Garlic (1 clove, minced)
Cinnamon (1 tsp)
Nutmeg (pinch)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Olive Oil (1 tbsp)

1. Cook the sweet potatoes in the oven (400 degrees) until soft to the touch (about 50 minutes for medium sized).

2. While still hot, remove the skin and mash the sweet potatoes with all of the other ingredients in a mixing bowl.

3. Top with crumbled cinnamon pecans and serve warm! 


No comments:

Post a Comment